I whipped up this pattern in Quilt Assistant for a cartoon swap I was in on Instagram
I decided that it would be easier to appliqué the flower and logo on after the rest of the body of the van was pieced together.
I traced the logo onto the orange fabric that I’d prepped with Wonder Under and then ironed it on before doing a satin stitch around each letter. I free drew the flowers before attaching them the same way.
I also made a little zipper pouch that says “Jinkies!” using the From Blank Pages My First Alphabet paper piecing pattern.
I added in a few more goodies and sent the Mystery Machine to it’s new home. I wound up taking a very weird photo on the trunk of my boyfriend’s car because I needed to ship it while we were on vacation. At least the lighting is good.
The zipper pouch wound up a little bigger than I’d have liked, I think in the future I may try and scale down the letters a little bit.